Tuesday, October 12, 2010

small packages blogfest!




Boy I'm just eating up the Blogfests, huh? They're so much fun! Seriously folks, if you've never entered one, try it...it's like Text Twist addictive, really!

So anyway, Cerebral Lunchbox is hosting a Small Packages Blogfest, in which you (try to) fondly recall your all-time favorite Halloween episode from a classic TV show. I'm sure those of you old enough can remember that the Halloween episodes of sitcoms were really the highlight episodes of the season. I can remember getting super excited when October rolled around because I knew the shows were gonna go all in to out-do their previous year's episode.

And my all-time favorite of the classic shows was Roseanne. Yes, it was a vulgar, over-the-top, in-your-face show about basically a white-trash (or average, to some) family...which is why it was such a hit! It showcased how "normal" families lived. Don't get me wrong, I loved The Cosby Show and Full House and the like, but Roseanne was more like what you would see in the supermarket or at the beach. So I was instantly hooked. And as far as Halloween episodes go? Yeah, it was the best!

So here's a clip of my very favorite Halloween episode of Roseanne...enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. My memory must be really really bad because the only Halloween episode I can remember of ANY TV show was The Simpsons and that's not going far back at all!
    Sadly, we never got Roseanne on TV over here in southern Europe. Shame, coz it looked very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Suzy...and yes, Roseanne was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this episode, and how fun it would have been to have Roseanne and Dan as parents just for Halloween.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad someone else remembers these! They were awesome, I watched this clip when I was looking for pictures for my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halloween blogfest sounds fun! I loved the Garfield Halloween special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't remember that episode of Roseanne. I thought I saw all of them. Great post.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, fantasy author

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel deprived now! My mom would never let me watch it as a kid. I'll have to check it out now, especially the Halloween episodes.

    Thanks for taking part!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We didn't really watch TV on Halloween. But I remember Charlie Brown!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't get to watch much tv, growing up. The main reason was that we didn't get out first set until I was in high school, and by then there was other stuff to do. Scariest movie I remember, though, was tame by today's standards "The Haunting of Hill House."

    ReplyDelete