Friday, December 9, 2011

TGIF over at GReads!



The awesomeness that is Ginger (or G, as I like to call her) over at GReads! has created a great meme that is tons of fun. Each Friday, she poses a question for anyone to answer. Go check her out and join in!

This Friday's Question:

Book to Movie:

Which book-turned-movie
do you feel did the best adaptation?
What about the worst?


I must admit that I am a sucker for movies made from books. Especially if I love said book. And I also must admit that even though the movie may not have been as good (which is usually the case, right book lovers?), I still enjoy it.

With that said, I can easily choose my top and bottom in the Book-to-Movie genre (though there are several that I love).

Best Adaptation:

Has to be Silence of the Lambs. Has to be. The book? Awesomely creepy. The movie? Even better.

Seriously, Anthony Hopkins brought Hannibal Lecter to life in such a gruesome, cringe-worthy way that 20+ years later still has people talking about it. Every actor (Jodie Foster was made to play Clarice, that's all I'm saying) pulled Thomas Harris' words from the pages of the book and showed them to us in raw and gritty form. To me, one of the best Book-to-Movie turns out there!







Not So Best Adaptation:

Now this one was a bit tougher to decide, because like I said, I love movies. But, if I have to choose (which I do, because G will hurt me if I only answer half of her question), I'm gonna go with...



Let The Right One In
by John Ajvide Lindqvist

This book creeped me out in the best way. If you've never read it, you should. It's so powerfully good and disturbing and scary that I was off-the-wall excited for the movie. Well, it kinda let me down.

Again, I love movies made from books. And even though some are not good, I still like them. So even though this one is my choice for least best adaptation, I still liked it.






What about you guys? Any goodies or baddies out there I should (or shouldn't) see?

2 comments:

  1. I'm tempted now to read Let the Right One In...but probably would not watch the movie!

    My TGIF!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched The Neverending Story when I was a kid and really liked it. When I read the book I was surprised at how similar the first half was to the movie. Reading the rest of the book added to the story I had already grown to love. I'm not sure if it would've worked out that way though if I had read the book first.
    I definitely want to read "Let the Right One In," I did enjoy the movie. The book sounds great! I like getting creeped out.

    ReplyDelete