Friday, September 23, 2011

TGIF over at GReads!


The awesomeness that is Ginger (or G, as I like to call her) over at GReads! has created a great meme that is tons of fun. Each Friday, she poses a question for anyone to answer. Go check her out and join in!

This Friday's Question:

Reading Challenges:

Did you sign up for
any this year?
How has your
progression been?


Excellent question, G! And I am proud to say that I have joined a reading challenge, thank you very much! :-)

I entered the 2011 Reading Challenge via Goodreads and as of today, I am currently running 1 book behind (I know, boo me). I wasn't as confident or adventurous as some people (hint hint...it's you, G!), so I only opted to read 50 books this year...so I guess being only 1 behind is pretty good!

I do hope to complete the 50 books before the end of the year, but I have lots of editing/writing to do by then (1st draft of Book 2 is due in January...agh!), so we will see!

How about you guys? Any reading challenges you're a part of? Any you wish you were a part of?
Comment away!

5 comments:

  1. Quita and I are part of the 2011 Debut Authors challenge, and we just have 2 books to go. Woo hoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! We both went for a goal of 50! I'm at 42, will finish 43 tonight & maybe 44 this weekend (at least I hope). This also isn't including any WIP's I'm reading (darn). At least you'll get 2 good ones in the mail to help out.

    OMG! First DRAFT is due then?! Wow! Good luck (here to help).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep at it, you're doing great!

    ~Asheley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not part of a reading challenge, but I know a few of my fellow up and coming writer friends are looking forward to National Novel Writing Month in November. I tried it a few years back, but I had to go on location for Frommer's for a week and a half and never ended up finishing. I was bummed, but the travel experience in Netherlands was amazing!

    ReplyDelete