Monday, July 16, 2012

My BEA/NYC Trip...Finally!


Okay, I must begin this blog post with two apologies.

First, I apologize for neglecting my blog for...well...a bit. (author's note: a bit totally means over a month)

Second, I apologize for this post--because it's a looong one. (author's note: lots of pictures!)

So, as some of you may know, I have had the esteemed honor and privilege of becoming a published author (yes, it is still crazy to say that aloud). And although with that comes much hard work and sacrifice (just ask my friends/family all about that one, lol), it also has a few perks. And one of those perks happened just over a month ago, when I was able to attend the largest book convention in the US, held in the largest city in the US.

That's right, I'm talking BEA in NYC, baby!

I have to say that for a first-timer (both to BEA & NYC), I was a bit nervous. More so for being in NYC than BEA, but nervous nonetheless. After landing and taking a shuttle to my hotel (author's note: 5 hours later!), I met up with some friends at a local eatery and got to actually walk the streets of New York (read: awesome)!

To cut things short, I'm gonna stop rambling and post some pics from my week-long venture into the Big Apple. But rest assured, I had an amazing time at both BEA and in NYC, and I cannot wait to go back!

A few shots of the city:

 Madison Square Garden (bad shot, I know)


 The 3 pics above are from Chelsea (beautiful)
 I just love this building




Our trip to New Jersey:

 NYC from Jersey (that's the new tower being built)
 the Carlo's Bakery (from Cake Boss!)

Night out in Times Square:


 We were just around the corner--love Times Square!
 They have a 5lb Hershey Bar. Um, yeah.

 Newsies is an outstanding show--see it if you can!

(that's Newsies star Jeremy Jordan. Honest.)

BEA 2012
 The lovely Jeri Smith-Ready!
 The awesome Jennifer L. Armentrout!
 The hilarious Jus Accardo!
 The talented Mike Mullin!
 The Pendrell authors who were able to attend
 Friend & fellow Pendrell author Lani Woodland
Yes, that is the Rachael Ray (so pretty)!

Well there you have it, a photo recap of my amazing first trip to NYC and BEA. Like I said, I can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love that triangular building, freaky and inspiring.

    Looks like you had a lot of fun. Pictures say it all. Congrats on being published Jamie. I'll have to check out the book.

    .........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe it was your first time in NYC! I don't know if you watch Project Runway, but once they had a challenge where they had to make outfits out of materials from that Hershey's store...

    ReplyDelete