Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Top Ten Lessons I've Learned Since Becoming Published



Just in case you may not have noticed, my very first published book was released about 3 months ago (it's still crazy surreal to say that, lol), and I thought it the perfect time to take a look at what all I've learned since then. 


In the syle of David Letterman, here's 


The Top Ten Things I've Learned 
Since Becoming A Published Author

10. Book Two is even harder to write than Book One.

9. I'm still just as unsure of my ability to form coherent sentences as ever.

8. Promoting oneself is probably the hardest part of the process.

7. Self doubt is like Tax Day or your grandparent's birthday--it sneaks up and
smacks you in the face before you know it.

6. Just when you think you've learned all the rules,
you find out that the rules can be broken.

5. The Internet: The real reason 99.99% of writers release a book but once a year.

4. Social Media is an awesome way to pimp your book.

3. Starting a new project while simultaneously worrying non-stop
about your debut novel makes for many a sleepless night.

2. Sales are not the most important thing.

1. Getting an email/tweet/DM from someone who loved your book
makes 2-10 totally worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to #5... Case in point being I'm reading this instead of writing. ;)

    ReplyDelete