Thursday, August 9, 2012

10 Truths I Learned While Re-reading The Hunger Games Trilogy


Book lovers the world over know that re-reading your favorite book (or series) is something special. There's nothing at all like cracking the spine of a cherished read and falling back into a world you've been missing, seeing old friends struggle and triumph throughout the pages, reveling in the excitement you know is waiting just around the corner.

Another great thing about re-reading old faves? You sometimes learn something new.

Which is what today's post is all about: 

10 Truths I Learned While Re-reading

1. Suzanne Collins is a true genius.

2. Katniss Everdeen is a true badass.

3. Gale Hawthorne is so sincere and loving and gives 
Peeta a real run for his money (I kind of overlooked
this on my first read. Blame Peeta.)

4. The world created in these books is something
to behold. (Again, missed on my first read. Again,
blame Peeta.)

5. Real love doesn't come by surprise; it's earned.

6. Sisters are the best.

7. Friends are the best, too.

8. There really is no place like home.

9. I could read these books over and over
and never tire of them.

10. Suzanne Collins is a true genius.
(just in case you missed that one.)




3 comments:

  1. You end up rushing through books like this to know what happens. It's always nice to go back and see what you missed. And I'd never blame Peeta, not his fault he's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want to reread these books. And I'm not one to re-read. At least not since elementary school. You've got me thinking....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I re-read the first book before seeing the movie and plan to do the same with the other books/movies, but I had to resist the urge to pull the second book off the shelf when it was done. They really are fantastic books.

    ReplyDelete