Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesday!


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser:








"Somehow I've surged forward in the panicked crowd that is flowing and scrabbling toward the back of the house. Behind me I hear dogs snapping their jaws and regulators swinging heavy clubs."

~pg. 216, Delirium by Lauren Oliver

9 comments:

  1. I've seen quotes from this book in other places. It sounds like a good book. At least I like the title.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. Wondering about the panicked crowd and what it's doing towards the back of the house.

    Here's my TT: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesdays_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so good! Can't wait to read this book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading this at the moment. I will find time to finish it this week!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard a lot about this book--great teaser from it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser!! this books sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the comments. I'm about 50 pgs in and it's amazing...you all should read it when you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just want to see how are you enjoying Delirium...or if you enjoyed it? I hope you checked out my review then. I discuss about this scene in it but not really "describe" it. It was a hurtful scene and just showed the inhumane side of humans.

    ReplyDelete