Friday, May 27, 2011

TGIF over at GReads!



The awesomeness that is Ginger (or G, as I like to call her) over at
GReads! has created a great meme that is tons of fun. Each Friday, she poses a question for anyone to answer. Go check her out and join in!

This Friday's Question:

Author Love:
In 2011, which new/old
authors have you
discovered and
loved?

Now this is a tough one, I must admit. Not because I can't think of an answer, but because there were so many authors I discovered these past few months that I love!

First up is the awesome Lauren Oliver. I have only read Delirium, but if her other writing is anything like this book I am in for some excellent reading. Her words grab hold of you and won't let go until you finish them. That simple.

Next is Veronica Roth. Now, I've known about Ms. Roth and her debut YA dystopian Divergent since 2010, but technically she's a 2011 newbie since her book just came out. And let me say I LOVE IT. If you haven't read Divergent yet you need to. Trust me. It can best be summed up in one word: FOUR.

And for my third choice, I'm gonna go with the lovely Kimberly Derting. Ms. Derting is another author that's been around for a while, but one that I only recently read (recently as in last month!). She, too, has a way with words (though not as eloquently as Lauren Oliver) that manages to pull you in and keep you there until you turn the last page. Her YA paranormal series is awesome and I'm loving every bit of it!



3 comments:

  1. Very nice choices. Veronica Roth is definitely a debut author to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veronica Roth rocks with a capital: RAWKS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you 100% on Veronica Roth and Divergent. I just finished it lastnight and OMG!! I am in love with this book and these characters. OMG! I will be anxiously awaiting anything and everything she has to offer in the future. :0)

    ReplyDelete