Friday, June 17, 2011

TGIF over at GReads!


The awesomeness that is Ginger (or G, as I like to call her) over at GReads! has created a great meme that is tons of fun. Each Friday, she poses a question for anyone to answer. Go check her out and join in!


This Friday's Question:


And I Quote:

What are some

of your favorite

book quotes?


As always, an excellent question. And one that isn't easy for me. As a reader, of course I have quotes that I love--pretty much from every book I read. But I don't write them down or lock them in my memory for later. I know, I'm a terrible person. But I'm gonna try to come up with some of my favorites for my friend G, so that makes up for it, right?


I'll start with one from the book that made me want to write. Enjoy:

"Your number was up the first time I met you." -Stephenie Meyer, Twilight



Here's a good one from a super-excellent series. If you haven't read it, you should:

"For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." -Jeri Smith-Ready, Shade






And lastly, one from my favorite book of all time. This masterpiece has several, but I like the simplistic depth of this one best:

"I think there's just one kind of folks. Folks." -Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird


4 comments:

  1. Ohh, I have not read Shade yet but trust me, I am hounded by people on a daily basis to read it. Great quotes!
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I barely remember mine either! It was a great, but very hard question this week. The one from Shade is very philosophical

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yout TKAM quote up in my classroom...she said it best!

    ReplyDelete