Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tune in Tuesday (9)...Soundtrack Edition!!


Today it is once again time for Tune in Tuesdays, a really cool meme created by my friend Ginger (or "G" as I like to call her!) over at GReads! This is a super fun meme that is filled with all sorts of music sure to give you a boost of energy and make you smile.

And G has gone one step further for the month of October, creating the Tune in Tuesdays: Soundtrack Edition!. I'm so excited about this, because songs only enhance movies in my opinion, and there are countless soundtracks that I love! Oh, and I'm like Jim Carrey in The Cable Guy...I think life would be so much more fun if it came with a soundtrack! :)

This week's choice is a bit old school I guess you could say. It's horror (well, horror to some. To me, it was just a really cool movie--that happened to redefine a genre), and was considered edgy in its time. And I'm sure you've all heard of it (or at least the movie). It's none other than...


Such a great movie that really did sort of reinvent the horror genre. Before, it was all about gore and scary monsters stalking people in woods or in dreams (holla to Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street!). But Scream brought forth the slasher flicks centered around hormonal, drinking teens who are really too dumb to survive a real-life killing. But hey, they had cool music. Like this song:

Youth of America - Birdbrain



This is one of many great songs from this soundtrack that every time I hear it I am instantly jamming...love it!

4 comments:

  1. OOO! Love it. I loved this movie. Now I'm in the mood for a scary movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a wuss when it comes to scary movies, but I remember watching this one when it came out b/c EVERYONE WAS TALKING ABOUT IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had totally forgotten about this song. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Ginger, I don't really do scary... but I did watch Scream when EVERYONE was watching it. Really, you couldn't get away from it! lol Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete