Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lucky 7: Peek at my current WIP!

Thanks to my friend Kate Avelynn, I was tagged in this cool new "game", Lucky 7! The rules? Very simple: 
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS.
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy down the next 7 lines/sentences, and post 
    them as they're written. No cheating.
4. Tag 7 other victims--er, authors. ;P


Now, I suppose I could "cheat" a little and give you 7 lines from my upcoming debut BLOOD BORN (which comes out April 24th. Ebook out now! Yes, I plugged.). But I won't. I'm gonna play fair, and give you 7 lines from my current WIP (well, one of them), Book Two in The Blood Prophecy Trilogy...enjoy!


“Not yet,” he said, finally turning to face me. Even several feet away, and in the hazy dusk of the cemetery, I could see the pain on his face. “I can’t leave yet.” He lowered his head and just stood there, motionless. My heart went out to him as I’m sure waves of anger and rage and guilt swallowed him from the inside out. And there was nothing I could do to help him, no way for me to take that pain away. I was useless.


I hope you enjoyed that little teaser! And as for the other "victims"...here's two (I know it's supposed to be 7. Sue me!)


Mandie Baxter
Jessica Leake

4 comments:

  1. That's such a great scene in the book too!
    It's a nice tie-in to the beginning to Blood Born too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Just love these characters! :D And man...now I REALLY have to post this. Haha. Second time I've been tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. I want to know where he can't leave and why!! This was an excellent teaser. I have Blood Born on my Debut Author Challenge list, so now I'm trying to decide if I want to hold out for the paperback or nab the ebook early...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, dramatic scene! Love how even those few sentences showed a lot of emotion!

    ReplyDelete