Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tune in Tuesday...Book Playlists!



Tune in Tuesday is a very cool feature created by the awesome blogger Ginger (or G, as I like to call her!) over at GReads!. It's rather pretty simple: Each Tuesday, post a favorite song/video for others to enjoy. 


For the month of March, G has decided to tie the worlds of music and books together (like we all do constantly, right?!) by creating Tune in Tuesday: Book Playlists Edition (how cool is that?). So, for the next four weeks, choose a song from either a book's playlist (or maybe your own if you're a writer) or from your own playlist that happens to remind you of a certain book or book scene. Easy, peasy!


This week, I've chosen a song (or group, rather) that not only inspires my own writing, but was the muse (ha!) for a pretty popular author while she wrote a pretty popular book. Guessed it yet? No? Come on, it's an easy one!


Okay, I won't keep you guessing. My pic for the first entry into the Tune in Tuesday: Book Playlists Edition is...


Time is Running Out - Muse


This, of course, is the band that helped fuel the words of Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. She has said on several occasions that the band Muse is one of her favorites, and I would whole-heartedly say the same. Their music is so awesome and creatively brilliant...how can you not like them?

Now I know a lot of people are gonna be all "Come on! Twilight?! That's such a cop-out!" But in all honesty, this book inspired me to get off my lazy bum and write. I mean, I've always written--and had thoughts of actually writing a book--but reading Twilight made me decide to actually do it. So, there's no better choice for week 1, right?! 

And coincidentally...this song is pretty much the song for the Blood Born MC, Ava. Just FYI. :)


7 comments:

  1. Oh!!! Great pick! :D Love them. Supermassive Black Hole used to be my ring tone!!! And UGH! Why can't Twilight just get the love it deserves?! Also....YAY AVA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOVE Muse. I love Butterflies & Hurricanes :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a huge Muse fan, honestly, but I hadn't heard that Stephenie Meyer was inspired by them. I loved Twilight! Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song! One of my favorites--though, my number one favorite is Starlight :)
    Great job,
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this song! When I first heard it, I was obsessed with it. I had it on repeat in my car all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MUSE!! Love them! And I love this song! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started listening to Muse more because of Twilight. I don't think it's a cop-out. A lot of people read twilight. :)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete