Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tune in Tuesday: Book Playlists Edition #2!


Tune in Tuesday is a very cool feature created by the awesome blogger Ginger (or G, as I like to call her!) over at GReads!. It's rather pretty simple: Each Tuesday, post a favorite song/video for others to enjoy!


For the month of March, G has decided to tie the worlds of music and books together (like we all do constantly, right?!) by creating Tune in Tuesday: Book Playlists Edition (how cool is that?). So, for the next four weeks, choose a song from either a book's playlist (or maybe your own if you're a writer) or from your own playlist that happens to remind you of a certain book or book scene. Easy, peasy!


I decided that since a certain book comes out in a little over a month (yes, it's mine. yes, I'm freaking out.), I'm going to take the month of March (and G's awesome book tie-in to Tune in Tuesday!) and showcase a few of the songs that inspired BLOOD BORN. Hope you enjoy!






Do You Realize? - The Flaming Lips

This is one of my favorite songs, both for the music and the lyrics, and when the character of Aldric came to me, this was the song I heard. So much of it fits his personality and thought process, and showcases some of the pain and trauma he's had to deal with in his thousand plus years. Every time I hear it, he comes to mind.

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a Tuesday blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song! Makes me even more excited for your book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always hear this song on TV but I didn't know it was by the Flaming Lips! Wow. :]

    Nice pick of Milo ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! It's Peter Petrelli!!! Love me some Milo! And...that's what Aldric looks like?! Huh...why you gotta make him so hot?! Haha. Great song too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually know this song! LOL Good choice.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete